Saturday, April 3, 2010

25 lbs and...Plateauing

Down 25 lbs. Picture taken on March 28th, 2010.


Down 22 lbs. Picture taken at The Column Awards, March 8th, 2010.


I realized that I haven't updated on my weight loss goals in a while -- fundraising and the Headshots event (and work and regular day-to-day life of course) have taken up most of my thoughts and time!

I am happy to announce that I am down a full 25 lbs and weighing in at around 186 right now. Unfortunately, that number has not changed at ALL in about three weeks.

I'm not gonna lie....that is incredibly frustrating. If I'm being completely honest with myself I can say that I have slipped a little in counting calories. I got into a rhythm of doing well and not changing my habits, so I stopped actually counting everything I put in my mouth for a while. I think it's time to start doing that again so that I don't continue to plateau or worse....gain weight.

However, I have stepped it up a notch in the working out phase of this process. Now that I've met my fundraising minimum goal, it's time to REALLY focus on training to walk that 60 miles in November.

I work right next door to the Rec Center where I work, and I've started bringing a gym bag with me to work every day. I've gotten to where I go at least three times a week, and I alternate between spending time on the treadmill and the elliptical machine, to give my knees a break.

TWICE this week, on two separate occasions, I have gone three miles on the treadmill -- for a total of about six miles so far. Out of those six miles, I can say that I "ran" almost 5...I say "ran" because my running is about as fast as most people walk, but whatever, I'm doing it. And I feel amazing when I'm done.

It's time to step it up on the mileage for training purposes, though, and I'm ready to start taking advantage of the beautiful weather we've been having and really get out there for some long walks.

That's it for now! Keep sending your amazing words of encouragement, thoughts and prayers to me so that I don't get too frustrated and lose momentum on the weight loss. I appreciate every word, comment, text, Facebook message that I get, and I honestly couldn't do this without all of my supportive friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment