Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Seven weeks and seven pounds to go!

It's so hard to believe that Anna and I will be doing the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk in only about 7 weeks! Where has the time gone?? Well, I did a couple of shows, which kept me super busy and only enhanced my weight loss goals (yay!). A recent trip to the doctor (not so much "yay" there...but when a body is tired it will make you rest whether you want to or not!) showed me that I only have SEVEN POUNDS to go before I reach my first weight loss goal of 40lbs that I set back in December!

About a week and a half ago, Anna and I attended a 3-Day Expo in Dallas to get some information and attend some workshops about life on the 3-Day walk, proper stretching and safety, blister care/maintenance (yuck!), etc. Anna has those pictures and I can't wait to see them so that I can put them on to a blog post.

Also, ANNA HAS MET HER FUNDRAISING GOAL!! Hurray! This was largely thanks to our most recent fundraiser, which was just this past Sunday, September 19th:

Provocative for Pink was similar to our Headshots for the Cure fundraiser that we held back in March of this year. Participants in this fundraiser, however, got a bit racier! ;-) Four photographers (pictured below with myself and Anna) and two makeup artists got together and offered some sexy and classy boudoir images for a donation of $150. This fundraiser was another HUGE success, and we are so grateful to Lynn Michelle Photography, Simple Moments Photography, Peyronet Photography, and Engaged Studio, as well as makeup artists Jessica Leigh and Jennifer Trotter, for donating their time and their tremendous talents once again to our fundraising efforts. We absolutely could not have done it without them.

Pointing at our "ta-tas" for the Provocative for Pink fundraiser!


Sweet-smelling sachets and each client's photo card


Release forms and gift bags and treats, oh my!

It was an early morning for me and Anna, but it was so worth it!

FINALLY, one last update! We have added a 3rd member to our team! Anna's good friend Adrianne will be walking with us, and we have come up with the team name Breast Friendz! Yes, it's silly. ;) But we think it's fun!

We all 3 have reached our goal, but there is still SO FAR to go in finding a cure for breast cancer! Please continue to donate to us if you feel led to. We would appreciate every penny given to our team!

Mandy's Page

Anna's Page

Adrianne's Page

1 comment:

  1. I know you can make you goal and ya'll are going to rock that 3day walk.

    ReplyDelete