Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Post - Here we go!

Making a change...for the better of myself and for the Greater Good.

That's why I'm doing this.

As you can see from the picture above, I have already started on the change in myself. Yes, you can see a pretty significant change in me physically between the picture on the left (December 16, 2009) and the pictures on the right (January 31, 2009). A 15-lb difference to be exact.

What you can't see is the changes I am feeling inside...spiritually, mentally and emotionally. When I get up in the mornings now, I don't dread getting ready for work because nothing fits me. I look forward to getting dressed in something I haven't been able to wear in months -- even years. AND although my husband probably dreads this day, I look forward even MORE to being able to go shopping for clothes because nothing fits.

More importantly, though, I am happier with myself. I feel better because my body is on my side.

Even MORE importantly...I am humbled and overwhelmed at the opportunity to participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure this November in Dallas. I am humbled and overwhelmed by the support and love and encouragement I've already gotten from family, friends, and even virtual strangers.

All I ask in this journey is that you do any or all of the following:

  • Make a financial contribution towards my goal (see the big ol' picture on the sidebar and click away)
  • Pray for me as I make this journey towards a healthier me and as I train for this demanding physical experience
  • Keep me accountable. Ask me how I'm doing, how I'm feeling....encourage me not to give up when I get discouraged or exhausted.

Not so hard, huh?!

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Love,

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Good luck babe!! Love the profile picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! You're gonna be great. I'm excited to read about how you're doing as your journey progresses. I'm also a blogger (although not too consistently) if you want to follow me. http://jandhryan.blogspot.com/

    Love you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete