Monday, February 15, 2010

Let the Training Commence

Since my first blog post, which was also the day that I sent out my mass email to all of my friends and family, I am absolutely thrilled and overwhelmed to say that, so far, I have raised....

*drumroll*

$650 towards my $2,300 goal!!

Once I clicked "send" in my Participant Center on the 3-Day web site, the emails of donations and/or words of encouragement and prayer started pouring in. I was genuinely overwhelmed and had tears in my eyes as I tried to send out initial thank-yous to everyone.

I think that 2010 is going to be a banner year...and I think it's time we had one, don't you? I can't WAIT to get going on some of my fundraising ideas and see what can come of them.

I have a few things in the works, but I'm hesitant to mention anything until they are for sure...but stay tuned!

So, today I am going to start back on the workout wagon. I was doing really well for almost two weeks straight (of working out at least 30 minutes every day) until I got knocked over with an upper respiratory infection. I know – excuses, excuses, right? Well, NO MORE.

Last week I turned in my cancellation form to Jazzercise (sad) and filled out my membership form to the UNT Rec Center (yay!). Before you laugh about Jazzercise, know that it was HARD and more of a butt-whoopin' than you might think. Ask Kels, she came with me once! I was sad to have to cancel, but honestly in order to prepare for this walk, I have to get my butt on a treadmill and start working on good old fashioned stamina.

And my husband won't let me pay for both Jazzercise and the Rec Center. With good reason. :)

So tonight, to the gym we go!

I think I'm going to look for some sort of widget or something to keep on my blog to track how many miles I've walked/run as I prepare for this. Any suggestions?

Finally...check out the little iPod Nano on my sidebar. If you click "Menu" you can see some inspirational songs I've chosen to load as people click on my actual blog (you'll have to exit out of Google Reader to see this, if you've got me in a reader or RSS feed). Enjoy, and thank you for your continued support!

Love,
Mandy
http://www.the3day.org/goto/mandyrausch

No comments:

Post a Comment